Nov 22, 2015

Week 3 is Here!





Week 3 is finally here! I have learned so many great things about my topic on standards of beauty around the world. I have learned about the Kayan women of Thailand and the reason behind why they stretch their necks. I have also learned about the Mursi and the Surma women of Ethiopia whom stretch their lips for empowerment. Another interesting group I have learned about is the Maoni people of New Zealand who have face tattoos that signifies social status and beauty.I found these three particular  groups very interesting the way they view and express beauty through their cultures by modifying the body. I think people within the fashion industry would appreciate this research considering that beauty plays a huge part in the field. Also I think anyone who is highly interested in the subject matter like I am would enjoy this topic. I think that the best way to bring out my vision in my topic would definitely be through a website because I think its an attention grabber, visually appealing and more professional.  It would show areas in which I focused on their standards of beauty and people would be able to read and view more about each culture. That pretty much wraps up week 3 blog post see you in week 4. yinandyang<3

No comments:

Post a Comment